Porcelain Veneers are artistically designed custom thin porcelain layers that are bonded on to teeth to create straight, healthy looking teeth without the use of orthodontics. It is usually a 2 visit procedure.
Lumineers – Ashley
Dr. Lockwood will take an impression of your upper and lower teeth, and send the mold to an authorized Lumineers laboratory.
Dr. Lockwood will place your Lumineers and ensure a good fit.
Indvidual Results May Vary
Improve Your Smile with Porcelain Veneers
During the first visit the dentist removes a small amount of the enamel & takes an impression, which is sent to our highly qualified technicians who design the Custom Veneers. It usually takes 7-10 days for the Veneers to be back. During this period the patient wears temporary Veneers that are custom crafted by the dentist.
Our office also specializes in the Revolutionary No shots, No drills and Painless Lumineers. Call our office to find out if you are a candidate for this revolutionary procedure for enhancing your smile.
- Teeth that are discolored — either because of root canal treatment; stains from tetracycline or other drugs, excessive fluoride or other causes; or the presence of large resin fillings that have discolored the tooth
- Teeth that are worn down
- Teeth that are chipped or broken
- Teeth that are misaligned, uneven, or irregularly shaped (for example, have craters or bulges in them)
- Teeth with gaps between them (to close the space between these teeth)
- They provide a natural tooth appearance.
- Gum tissue tolerates porcelain well.
- Porcelain veneers are stain resistant.
- The color of a porcelain veneer can be selected such that it makes dark teeth appear whiter.
- Veneers offer a conservative approach to changing a tooth’s color and shape; veneers generally don’t require the extensive shaping prior to the procedure that crowns do, yet offer a stronger, more aesthetic alternative.
Veneers generally last between 5 and 10 years. After this time, the veneers would need to be replaced.